Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pleasant Surprise!

Well, I honestly have no idea how this happened. I lost 2.2 pounds in a week and a half, but I haven't been keeping track of what I eat, nor have I been exercising, nor have I been trying to eat especially healthy. I was at a conference for work the first weekend in March, then I was out of state for a bridal shower and surprise birthday party this past weekend, during which time I was eating all sorts of yummy, sugary, bad-for-you food... no idea how I LOST weight!! Maybe I was still being good about portion control, that's the only thing I can think of... and all the walking at my conference and in airports and such probably helped some.

Anyways, as the title says, this was a pleasant surprise :) I'm still going to "officially" weigh in on Saturdays going forward, but this week I weighed in today because I haven't weighed myself since March 6th. So, here are the stats for this week:

Starting weight: 150
Current Weight: 149.4
Change since last weigh-in: -2.2
Total Change: -0.6

Total raised per pound: $8
($0.80 per tenth of a pound = $4.80 raised to date = 20 meals to date)

P.S. I started reading a book called Made to Crave this week. The book is written by a woman who co-founded a Christian women's ministry called Proverbs 31 ministries, so it's written to women; however, I believe the principles contained in this book can apply to anyone on a weight-loss journey. I'll be blogging more about it after I finish reading, so stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment