Saturday, February 26, 2011

First (official) Week

Well today is weigh-in day and I was not looking forward to it for a couple of reasons:

First, I weighed myself at a couple different points during this week (probably shouldn't have, but oh well) and, according to the scale, I had gained weight. Not a lot, but any increase in the scale number is disheartening. The most disheartening was that I've been really good this week!

Second, a couple of people have brought it to my attention that the reason the number on the scale may have increased is because I've been doing a lot of strength training - weight lifting, push ups, crunches, etc - in addition to the cardio exercise, and strength training builds muscle. I'm still out on the debate between muscle and fat and the weight difference between the two - I've heard it's the same, I've heard muscle weighs more. I don't know for sure. Either way, I know the working out I've been doing is a good thing so I'm not going to stop, it's just frustrating to not see progress as a result.

Third, it's always difficult to remember that the less weight one has to lose, the slower it comes off. This is one of those universal truths that are annoying to face when trying to lose weight. However, as long as I keep up the good habits I'm forming, I know I will ultimately have success. So, I'll keep focusing on the good things and try not to get too disheartened by the little bumps in the road.

One of the people who brought the muscle/fat dilemma to my attention also suggested I keep track of my measurements in addition to the scale number. This way, I'll see progress regardless and it will be more encouraging. So, here are the stats for today:

Starting Weight: 150
Change This Week: -0.2
Total Change: -1.6 
Current Weight: 148.4



Starting Measurements:
Arms- 11 inches
Waist- 33 inches
Hips- 40 inches
Thighs- 23 inches


P.S. I have another sponsor - thanks to Nate and his wife! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment