Monday, February 21, 2011

So far this week...

Ok so it's only Monday, but I did start on Saturday so I'm already nearly 3 days in, "officially." :) So here are some updates on progress...

I worked out on Saturday and Sunday with my workout buddy - we are going through a program that is supposed to be for people just getting back into working out; however, it's written by an ex-Marine, so it's definitely more like boot camp than anything else and it's NOT easy!! BUT we're keeping up with it and, though we're sore, it's encouraging to see progress! For example, last week we did a lot of upper body stuff - push ups, a sequence of arm/shoulder exercises, etc - and then yesterday we had to do 5 sets of 10 push ups and they were easier to do than I thought they would be! Still not a piece of cake (are push-ups ever a piece of cake??) but I definitely can feel that my arms are getting stronger.

My daily calorie limit is 1370. Although I earn more by exercising, I am trying to keep those as "calories out" and not turn them into "calories in," so that I actually am burning the calories, thus losing the weight. For example, on Saturday I consumed 1361 and burned 252.  So technically, I could have eaten another 261 calories; however, by not eating those calories I will actually lose weight rather than maintaining my current weight. Make sense?

On Sunday I consumed 1422 and burned 180 by exercising. So in this case I did "eat" 52 of my exercise calories, but there was still a balance and that's still achieving the goal in my mind.

Today so far I'm doing well. I'm trying to be extra good because it's my husband's and my 2 year wedding anniversary and we are going out to eat tonight... so I will definitely be doing some hard core cardio this afternoon in preparation for that. ;)

One more note - I'm going to add a section in the margins where I'll be posting some good, healthy recipes that I find throughout this endeavor. I already have a couple to start with and they're so yummy!! Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment